Monday, August 17, 2009

August 2009 - The year of the Dog


The next Book Club meeting will be on Saturday, August 22 at 6:30 pm. Please check the Yahoo group for location and directions.

We will be discussing Grace Lin's children's book, "The Year of the Dog".

"It's the Chinese Year of the Dog, and as Pacy celebrates with her family, she finds out that this is the year she is supposed to "find herself." Universal themes of friendship, family, and finding one's passion in life make this novel appealing to readers of all backgrounds. This funny and profound book is a wonderful debut novel by a prolific picture book author and illustrator and has all the makings of a classic." (Amazon)
I also truly enjoyed Grace Lin's website and her blog. She has an interesting sense of humor. I can say I am a fan of her work as I have enjoyed also the "The year of the Rat" and I am looking forward to read "Where the Mountain meets the Moon".
Hope to see you all on Saturday.
I will bring a list of suggested books so we can decide what our next reads will be.

No comments:

Post a Comment